We’ve been telling you – as have many of our competitors undoubtedly – that it is time to tune up your air conditioning system as we head into summer. But why should you do that? Here are the reasons why you should have regular maintenance performed by a professional HVAC company.
- Increasing comfort. When you are outside in the heat, you’ll want to come into a nice, cool home. The main benefit of an air conditioner tune up is to make sure your system is running properly to ensure your comfort when you are awake and asleep.
- Increasing efficiency and lowering costs. An AC tune up will increase the efficiency of your system, thus reducing energy bills – perhaps as much as 20% to 30%. And with energy costs increasing, that’s a good thing.
- Fixing small problems before they become big ones. More than 80% of major AC repairs are preventable. Annual maintenance for your AC can allow the technician to find and fix small problems before they become big ones that can result in big repair costs and possibly even the need to replace the HVAC unit.
- Extending the system’s life. Finding and fixing small problems can also lengthen the system’s life, delaying the need to invest significant amounts of money to replace it.
- Cleaner, healthier air. Air conditioners, in addition to cooling your home, also filter the air coming into your home, cleaning out contaminants such as pollen and dust for improved indoor air quality. This makes the air cleaner, which is especially important for the elderly, young children and people with respiratory issues. During preventative maintenance, an HVAC professional will check the condition of your air filter and change it if necessary.
- Reducing humidity. In addition to cooling and purifying the air in your home, your air conditioning unit also removes humidity. This makes your environment much more comfortable in the summer. Removing humidity also reduces mold and mildew inside your home.
- No smells. Reducing mold and mildew will also eliminate that unpleasant moldy odor.
- No pests. Believe it or not, in colder months, animals or small critters may find shelter in your HVAC system. A well-maintained AC unit will take care of that.
- Reducing noise. If an AC unit has not been serviced annually, different parts can loosen creating a rattling or banging noise. Your tune up will fix that problem and prevent a serious AC repair.
- Warranty protection. Many major manufacturers require regular AC maintenance by a trained technician to validate the warranty. You don’t want to put your warranty at risk by saving a few dollars by not having the tune up.
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric Provides AC Tune Ups
A well-maintained air conditioner will provide efficient, cool air to your home. Ravinia Plumbing’s trained AC technicians can provide a comprehensive AC tune up which will make your system run more efficiently, increase your comfort, and identify small problems before they become big ones. We’ve been in business since 1928 (that’s 95 years!), and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable HVAC, plumbing, sewer and drain and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.