10 Reasons You Should Install a Humidifier
- Categories: Indoor Air Quality
- Date: December 22, 2021
“It’s not the heat; it’s the humidity” is what people say when they complain about uncomfortable heat in the summer. But when the weather turns cold, an appropriate level of humidity in the home is a good thing because it can improve your health and your comfort. In other words: “It’s not just the cold; it’s also the lack of humidity.”
That is why it is important that you have a whole house humidifier. Unlike a portable humidifier which provides coverage to a single room or area of the home, a whole house humidifier is connected to your HVAC system or ductwork to provide complete coverage for your home. To learn more about having a humidifier installed in your home, contact the indoor air quality experts at Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, and Electric.
Benefits of Installing a Humidifier in Your Home
Here are several reasons having a humidifier and keeping your home’s humidity between 25% and 50% makes sense.
- It can prevent illness because bacteria and viruses can’t travel as well in moist air.
- Even if you do get sick, it will keep your nasal passages and throat moist so you heal quicker.
- Keeping your nasal passages moist also reduces nose bleeds.
- It preserves your voice by helping lubricate the vocal cords.
- It will help you sleep better and prevent snoring.
- It can help moisturize your skin and prevent your lips from chapping.
- It can protect wood furniture, molding, doors, and flooring from splitting and cracking.
- It saves energy and lowers energy costs because it will make your home feel warmer and allows you to keep your thermostat set lower.
- It controls static electricity, reducing those annoying electrical shocks.
- It keeps plants hydrated, especially those that come from humid, tropical climates.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing for Humidifier Installation
Winters in Chicago are cold and dry, which can lead to low indoor humidity levels. Whether you need a new humidifier installed in your home or your current one needs to be repaired, trust Ravinia Plumbing for humidifier services.
We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, heating and air conditioning, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment to install a humidifier in your home, or to receive more information.
Family Owned Since 1928
What to Do About Your Home’s Uneven Heating
January 19, 2022
Several homeowners have found themselves in a position where at least one room in their home simply will not get to the same temperature as those Read more…