Power surges can cause significant damage and inconvenience to your home, your electronics, and your electronic records. Adding outlets, extension cords and point-of-use surge protectors provide some protection, but not as much as you need. That is why investing in a whole house surge protector is beneficial.
Where Do Surges Come From?
Numerous factors cause surges. Some of them include:
- Lightning strikes
- Power outages
- Tripped circuit breakers
- Short circuits
- Power transitions in other large equipment in the same powerline
- Power company malfunctions
- Downed power lines
- Electromagnet pulses
- Inductive spikes
Benefits of a Whole House Surge Protector
Here are some of the benefits of whole house surge protectors.
- Protect your appliances. Imagine a power surge impacting your refrigerator, air conditioner or other appliance. Minor power surges over time can cause significant and expensive damage.
- Protect your technology and data. Computers, tablets and smartphones are all vulnerable to power surges. Imagine a surge disabling your technology and causing you to lose all your personal and professional data.
- Prevent fires. Surges can cause overheating, sparks, and fires. With a whole house surge protector, high voltages cannot reach internal circuits, preventing internal surges. Whole house surge protectors can help keep your home and family safe from fires.
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric Provides Whole House Surge Protectors
Ravinia Plumbing’s licensed electricians can recommend, and then install a whole house surge protector to protect your appliances, technology, and your home’s electrical system. We’ve been in business since 1928 (that’s 95 years!), and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable HVAC, plumbing, sewer and drain and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.