What Goes Into an AC Maintenance Inspection?
This is the time of year you get inundated in the mail and via email for air conditioner tune ups. We (because we do it too) will tell you how getting your AC tuned up will preserve the life of the unit and also reduce energy costs. And it is true.
So this leads to the question: what goes into an AC maintenance inspection? Here is what we do.
- Clean and inspect the condenser air conditioning coils and evaporator to make sure the system operates at peak efficiency, as well as helping prolong the life of the system
- Change the air filter
- Check electrical components, including tightening electrical connections.
- Check amp draw on the condenser fan motor and the furnace blower motor. This ensures the motors are operating within the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Check refrigerant levels to maximize efficiency and the life of the system
- Test safety controls to make sure the system starts, runs and shuts off properly
- Test operation of all equipment
- Check the condensate drain to make sure it is open at the time of service. A clogged condensate drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels
- Check thermostat settings so you can be comfortable when you are home and saving energy when you are not
- Check for proper airflow.
Family Owned Since 1928
What Are the Different Types of Water Filtration Systems?
September 7, 2022
Benefits of Clean Water We’ve spent the last few months discussing ways to save water inside and outside your home. In addition to saving wate Read more…