There are some electrical projects that are easy for a DIYer. Maybe putting in a new outlet or doing some basic rewiring. But getting an electrical job wrong not only can cause expensive damage, but you could risk serious injury or more if you make a mistake. That is why many people will hire an electrician. Here are some tips for hiring an electrical contractor in Chicago’s North Shore or Northwest suburbs
- Electrical contractors in Illinois need to be licensed. Make sure you verify that.
- Get references from people you know. Do not rely on references the contractor gives you. The reference could be their friend or relative.
- On the other hand, you can check ratings and reviews from sources such as Google, Angie’s List, etc. Also check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Insist on having the electrical contractor come to your house prior to giving an estimate. If the contractor won’t come to your house, find someone else.
- Make sure the estimate includes both time and materials. If time is based on an hourly rate, get an estimate of how long the project should take. Also, find out if the price includes travel time.
- Make sure the contractor has adequate insurance. This should include liability insurance to cover damage to your home or injury to yourself, as well as worker’s compensation insurance to cover injuries the electrician suffers while working in your home.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for Quality Electrical Services
If you need any type of electrical service – big or small – turn to the licensed and insured professionals at Ravinia Plumbing. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, HVAC, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment.