Tips for Hiring a Plumber
- Categories: Plumbing
- Date: August 26, 2021
That drain that won’t drain. That sump pump that won’t pump. That water heater that won’t heat water. As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say: “It’s always something.” While it may not always be something, you quite frequently do need the assistance of a good plumber. So how do you select an experienced plumber? Here are some tips for hiring a plumber for your next plumbing job.
- Go online and read reviews. Check sources such as Angi and Google. Don’t be concerned with one or two bad reviews; be concerned with several. You can also check out online forums such as NextDoor.
- Make sure the business is accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
- Do not rely on references the plumber provides. Talk to people you know for references. Ask them:
- If they would recommend the plumber
- If the project was completed on time and on budget
- If there were any unexpected problems
- Plumbers in Illinois need to be licensed. Make sure you see the license.
- Make sure the plumber has adequate insurance. This will include liability insurance to cover injury to you and your family members as well as damage to your home. It also includes worker’s compensation insurance if the plumber is injured in your home.
- Get the price quote in writing. Do not accept a quote over the phone. But you can ask about the cost of the service charge for a licensed professional to arrive at the house, assess the situation and quote a price.
- Also understand what your payment options are. For bigger jobs, can you finance? Can you pay in stages?
- Warranties and guarantees. Does the plumber guarantee work? Do any parts come with a warranty?
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for Quality Plumbing Services
You can turn with confidence to the licensed and insured plumbing professionals at Ravinia Plumbing for all your plumbing problems and needs. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, HVAC, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing online, or call our phone number today to schedule an appointment.
Family Owned Since 1928
Benefits of Insulating Your Attic
August 4, 2022
Your attic can be a great place to “store stuff.” But it plays a much more important role than that. It also shields the rest of your house f Read more…