Along with the summer sunshine comes a less-welcome companion – allergens. Bannockburn experiences a unique set of summertime allergens that can affect the health and comfort of its residents.
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric shares the common allergens in Bannockburn during the summer months and how installing a whole house air purifier can help you fight symptoms of seasonal allergies.
Environmental Allergies in Bannockburn, IL
- Grass Pollen: Various grass species pollinate in May and June, extending pollen season. Individuals with pollen allergies may experience a range of allergy symptoms, from sneezing and nasal congestion to a runny nose and itchy eyes.
- Weed Pollen: Ragweed, one of the most common sources of weed pollen, reaches its peak during August and September. Those with ragweed allergies may experience sneezing, runny noses, and itchy throats. Additionally, other weed species contribute to the pollen levels, intensifying the allergenic impact in late summer.
- Mold Spores: The warm and humid summer conditions provide an ideal environment for mold growth. Mold spores are tiny reproductive units released by molds into the air, and they thrive in damp areas, such as gardens, forests, and even within homes with inadequate ventilation. Increased humidity levels during the summer allergy season facilitate the release of these spores into the air, where they can be easily inhaled.
- Insect Allergens: As people spend more time outdoors, the likelihood of encountering insects rises significantly. Additionally, blooming flowers attract bees and wasps, increasing the chances of stings.
- Airborne Particulate Matter: Increased temperatures in summer contribute to the formation of ground-level ozone and other pollutants, leading to poor air quality. Higher temperatures also enhance the volatility of certain pollutants, such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and increase the rate of emissions from vehicles, industrial activities, and vegetation. Stagnant air conditions prevalent in the summer can lead to poor dispersion of pollutants, allowing them to accumulate in the atmosphere.
The Role of Whole House Air Purifiers
A whole house air purifier is an alternative to traditional allergy treatments. Installing a whole house air purifier in Bannockburn, IL, provides a strong line of defense during allergy season.
- Comprehensive Allergen Removal: Whole house air purifiers cleanse the air throughout your entire home. Unlike standalone units that only treat specific rooms, these purifiers provide relief in every corner of your living space.
- Efficient Filtration System: Modern whole house air purifiers are equipped with advanced filtration systems that capture particles as small as 0.3 microns, or UV lights that neutralize pathogens. Different types of whole house air purifiers treat pollen, mold spores, and other airborne irritants.
- Constant Air Circulation: Whole house air purifiers work in tandem with your HVAC system, ensuring a continuous cycle of clean air circulation. This constant filtration helps maintain a healthier indoor environment, minimizing the impact of seasonal allergens.
- Odor Elimination: In addition to allergen removal, air purifiers eliminate unpleasant odors. This is beneficial during the summer when stagnant air and cooking smells linger.
Get Relief from Seasonal Allergies
Installing a whole house air purifier from Ravinia Plumbing is a proactive solution to combat common summertime allergens. Contact us today and say goodbye to discomfort during allergy season!