14 Ways to Make Your Home Smart
- Categories: Electrical
- Date: May 28, 2021
By now, you undoubtedly know what “smart” technology is. It allows you to use Wi-Fi to control countless household items from your phone or tablet whether you are a foot away from home or halfway around the world. These smart home wireless devices can:
- Provide convenience to make your life easier.
- Enhance your home’s safety.
- Enhance your home’s security.
- Make you more comfortable in your home.
- And even save you money.
Here are just a few of the numerous smart home devices:
- Of course, it all starts with devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant where you can send instructions from anywhere in the world. Many of the smart devices below can be activated by one of these devices.
- Smart doorbell cameras that provide you with a view of your home and alert you if there is unexpected motion or noise.
- Home security systems that you can arm or disarm remotely. A smart security system also could help you reduce your home insurance premiums.
- Smart locks that let you lock or unlock your doors remotely. They are great for when somebody without a key must get in your home, giving you a virtual extra key.
- Similarly, smart garage door openers allow you to open or close your garage remotely. This is perfect for when you are not home and need to provide someone with access to your garage.
- Smart smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors that will notify you if they go off, provide updates on smoke and carbon monoxide levels, and let you know when the batteries are low.
- Smart thermostats that can be adjusted remotely at any time either while you are at home or away. These are among the items that, in addition to making your home more comfortable, can also save you money through reduced utility bills.
- Water detectors that can shut off water when a pipe bursts.
- Blinds and shades that can be set to be raised or lowered depending on the time of day or can be adjusted whenever you want. These can be used to make your house warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Doing this will not only make your house more comfortable, but it also helps save money on utility bills.
- Irrigation controllers which, among other things, allow you to turn on and off your sprinkler system when you are away. Additionally, these devices have monitors to alert you to when you should turn the water on.
- Aquarium controllers give you complete control of your aquarium from your phone or tablet.
- Smart speakers that allow you to control the volume of your sound system while not having to get up from your comfortable chair.
- Smart lighting that allows you to dim or brighten a room anytime…anywhere.
- Smart washers and dryers that can be activated and monitored remotely.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric to Help Make Your Home “Smart”
Ravinia Plumbing’s electrical technicians can help you turn your home into a “smart” home by designing and then installing a solution that is right for you. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, HVAC, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment.
Family Owned Since 1928
Tips for Buying a New Washing Machine
May 28, 2021
Unfortunately, washing machines do not last forever. You may want to consider buying a new washing machine if: It’s getting old. You should Read more…