8 Signs Your Sewer Line May Be Damaged
- Categories: Sewer
- Date: May 28, 2021
You can’t see your sewer line. You assume everything is fine. But they do sometimes need repairs and even replacement. Here are some signs your sewer line may be damaged.
- Slow drainage. A slow drain could be a sign that there is a blockage forming. If you try to pour a drain cleaner or rod the pipes by the drain and that does not work, that could mean there is a problem with the main line.
- Sewer backups and blockages. Sanitary sewer backups usually occur at the lowest open drain and are generally caused by a blockage somewhere along the line. If you experience a backup whenever you flush a toilet or run water down a drain, that could be a sign there is an issue with your main line. Try rodding the line, as the problem may be due to tree roots. If that does not work, you may have a more serious problem.
- Odor. If you smell sewer gas, that could signal there is a crack in your sewer system.
- Mold. If you see mold growing on your ceiling or on a wall, that could mean there is a break in the sewer line.
- Foundation problems. Foundation cracks frequently are caused by the house settling. But they could also be due to problems with your sewer line.
- Green grass. Green grass is usually a good thing. But if there is a patch of ultra-green grass, that could indicate a sewer leak underground, as sewage acts as a fertilizer.
- Indentations. An indentation in your lawn or under pavers is another sign you have a main line problem. That is because the cracked line saturates the ground and causes the soil to dissipate.
- Septic waste. If there is wastewater pooling in your yard, a broken septic tank or clogged drain fields could be the problem. So too could be a cracked main line.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric if You Need Help with Your Main Sewer Line
If you suspect there is a problem with your main sewer line, contact the plumbing professionals at Ravinia Plumbing. We have a variety of services that can help diagnose and fix your problem, ranging from drain and sewer line rodding to video inspections of your sewer line to repair and replacement. We can also tell you if you need other professional services, such as a pest control company or a foundation repair company. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, HVAC, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Types of Bathtubs
March 26, 2023
If you are building a new house, you have lot of decisions to make in every room, including the bathroom. And if you are just remodeling a bathro Read more…