Benefits of a Sewer Line Video Inspection
- Categories: Sewer
- Date: April 21, 2021
If your sewer line is obstructed, it greatly increases the chances that it will back up, causing expensive and messy flooding in your basement or backups in your sinks and drains. There are numerous reasons your sewer line can become obstructed:
- Tree roots may have grown into the pipe.
- There may be a crack, hole, or corrosion due to aging, ground settling, etc.
- You may have contributed to the problem by disposing of inappropriate items in the toilet or the kitchen sink.
Benefits of a Video Camera Inspection
Frequently, sewer line clogs can be cleared by rodding of the line. However, it is also important to have a video inspection of the sewer line to identify specific problems. Here are the benefits:
- You can identify hidden problems and spend a little money to fix them before they become major problems that can cost a lot more.
- You can identify the specific location of a problem, eliminating the need for unnecessary, noisy, unsightly, and intrusive digging.
- If you have extensive damage that you can claim on your insurance, the video can verify why you needed the work done.
- Having a video inspection will be both cheaper and faster than digging up pipes.
- Having proof of a sewer line video inspection can help with the resale of your home.
How a Sewer Line Video Inspection Works
The process is simple. A flexible and compact high-resolution sewer pipe camera (also known as a sewer inspection camera) is fed into the sewer line, providing a clear picture of the location and extent of any problem.
Usually, the camera is attached to a rod that is then inserted into the pipes. In more complex cases, the camera will be connected to a Pipeline Inspection Gauge (PIG), which is a machine that can move through the lines.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for a Free Sewer Line Video Inspection
Ravinia Plumbing offers free sewer line video inspections when conducting a sewer line rodding (standard prices apply for rodding). We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, HVAC, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment for inspection or repair services.
Family Owned Since 1928
How Much Does a Ductless Mini-Split Cost to Operate?
December 2, 2021
Are you looking for an energy-efficient alternative to your home’s traditional HVAC system to save money on your monthly energy bill? If so, co Read more…