Plumbing Resolutions for the New Year
- Categories: Plumbing
- Date: January 4, 2017
What are your resolutions for the new year? Losing weight? Exercise?
Chances are, taking care of your home’s plumbing did not make the list. But we are going to give you some resolutions anyway. Keep them handy; they may save you money and aggravation.
- Have a full home plumbing inspection. You never know what a professional plumber will find.
- Check your sump pump and back-up regularly. Don’t wait until your basement floods before realizing they are not working.
- Have your water heater maintained to keep it at peak efficiency.
- Be nice to your garbage disposer. Clean your plates in the garbage. Never put grease or oil down the sink. Same for celery stalks and coffee grounds.
- Be nice to your toilets too. You can flush human waste and toilet paper. But that’s it.
- Insulate your pipes for the winter to prevent them from freezing and bursting.
- Have your water checked for lead.
- “Do it yourself” at your own risk. Watching a “how to” video on the Internet does not qualify you to take on complicated plumbing projects.
- Don’t wait. Little problems such as leaky faucets and toilets will not magically disappear. Instead they will get worse, and could cause substantial damage.
Family Owned Since 1928
How to Get Your AC Unit to Stand the Test of Time
June 11, 2019
You budgeted, saved, researched and took the leap to invest in a new AC system for your home. Now you can sit back and enjoy escaping the heat an Read more…