Outdoor Fall Tasks
- Categories: Cleaning Tips, Safety Tips
- Date: September 18, 2018
With fall here, there are a few things you can do to prepare for winter now (including getting your furnace tuned up). Here are a handful of suggestions of things you might want to do outside before it gets too cold.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts. When the rains come, you’ll want the water to flow through the gutters, out the downspouts and away from your home.
- To that end, make sure all water flows away from your house. That can help prevent flooding. For example, make sure downspouts carry water at least five feet away from the house. Also make sure the landscaping naturally tilts away from your home.
- If you haven’t had your sewer line rodded in a while, take care of that.
- Check your roof to make sure it can support a heavy snowfall. Check for loose shingles, rotted wood, etc.
- Also make sure there are no low hanging branches over the roof.
- Consider a roof de-icing system.
- Fall means you will start using your fireplace. When not using it, make sure you keep the flue closed.
- Trim overgrown branches away from the house and electrical wires. Iced-over branches can cause property damage
- Aerate your lawn.
- Clean your lawn furniture before you cover it or put it away.
- Remove your garden hoses and store them away for the winter. If you can, shut off your outdoor water supply.
- Weatherize your lawn mower.
- Prepare your snow blower for the winter by changing the oil and replacing the spark plug.
- Make sure you have plenty of salt or ice melt for your driveway and steps.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Types of Bathtubs
March 26, 2023
If you are building a new house, you have lot of decisions to make in every room, including the bathroom. And if you are just remodeling a bathro Read more…