How Wi-Fi Thermostats “Learn”
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: January 28, 2023
You already know the basics of how Wi-Fi – or “smart” – thermostats work. You can pre-set the temperature and modify it via your mobile phone or tablet. You may not know, though, in addition to these basic features, some Wi-Fi thermostats can “learn” from your behavior and temperature preferences and adjust the temperature based on that. Here are a few ways they “learn.”
- Algorithmic learning. Thermostats “study” your behavior. For the first weeks, you will regulate the smart thermostat to provide the reference data set. The thermostat can then learn your household’s members’ schedules, at which temperature they are used to, and when. Using built-in sensors and your household’s phones’ locations, the thermostat can shift into energy-saving mode when it realizes nobody is at home to reduce energy costs.
- Sensing. Some “smart” thermostats can sense when you are home and adjust temperature settings accordingly. They do this through built-in sensors that report back when people are in the home and then make the necessary adjustments.
- Geofencing. Wi-Fi thermostats with this capability create a virtual fence around your home by using your phone’s GPS. This geofencing will thus recognize when you are at home, and automatically adjust gradually to heat or cool your home.
- Environmental adjusting. Finally, some “smart” thermostats can sense environmental factors such as humidity or extreme temperature and make adjustments based on that
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for Wi-Fi Thermostats
Of course, there is a lot more that goes into the decision of which Wi-Fi thermostat is right for you. Ravinia Plumbing’s heating and cooling system technicians can help you select and then install the right Wi-Fi thermostat for your home to help your HVAC system save energy. We’ve been in business since 1928 (95 years!), and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer and drain, heating and air conditioning, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Types of Bathtubs
March 26, 2023
If you are building a new house, you have lot of decisions to make in every room, including the bathroom. And if you are just remodeling a bathro Read more…