Conserving Water Outside the Bathroom
- Categories: Plumbing
- Date: December 2, 2021
Last month we shared several tips on conserving water in the bathroom. Now we will provide thoughts on saving water in other areas inside and outside your home.
- Check faucets and pipes regularly for leaks. Leaks waste an average 18 gallons of water a day.
- Only wash full loads in your washing machine. An average load can use 23 gallons of water.
- Consider a new washing machine to handle bigger loads with less water. An Energy Star certified washer uses 13 gallons of water, saving 10 gallons per load and as much as 3,000 gallons per year to help cut back on water waste.
- Water conservation at the sink. If you wash dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running while you rinse. If you have two sinks, fill one with rinse water. If you have one sink, gather all your washed dishes in a dish rack, and then rinse them together.
- If you use a dishwasher, make sure you only wash full loads. An older dishwasher uses about 10 gallons of water per cycle
- Better yet, consider a water-efficient dishwasher. They can save up to 5,000 gallons of water per year compared to washing by hand, helping you reduce your water bill.
- Veggies. Rinse your veggies in a bowl or sink full of clean water, rather than having the faucet run.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric to Conserve Water
If you want to save water, contact the licensed plumbing experts at Ravinia Plumbing. We can fix any leaks that are wasting water. And we will be happy to help you select and then install water-conserving items. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, heating and air conditioning, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Types of Bathtubs
March 26, 2023
If you are building a new house, you have lot of decisions to make in every room, including the bathroom. And if you are just remodeling a bathro Read more…