Tips for Hiring an HVAC Contractor
You’ve decided to buy a new air conditioning unit. We’re hoping you buy it from us! After all, we are the leading air conditioning contractor in Chicago’s North Shore and Chicago’s Northwest suburbs. But if you do decide you need to shop around, here are some tips. After all, the last thing you want is to make a bad decision on a contractor and then have to call us to fix the damage (and that happens more often than you might think).
- While heating and cooling system contractors in Illinois do not need to be licensed, you should get referrals from people you know and trust. Do not rely on references from people you do not know.
- Check ratings from sources such as Google, Angie’s List, etc. Also check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Do not take an estimate over the phone. Make sure the contractor comes out, conducts a load calculation and gives you pricing and options based on that. And the estimate needs to be in writing. If they give you an hourly rate for labor, make sure you are told how many hours the install should take.
- Speaking of pricing, make sure you ask about rebates and credits.
- The contractor will tell you the manufacturer of the AC unit. Make sure you check ratings on that as well.
- Ask about warranties. You should expect a 10-year warranty on major parts and at least one year on labor.
- Ask about a maintenance plan. Many warranties are voided if the unit isn’t properly maintained. Some contractors have preferred customer programs such as our Home Care Club that provide for expedited and discounted service, warranty extensions and service reminders to make sure your unit is properly maintained.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for Quality HVAC Services
If you need a new AC, turn to the professionals at Ravinia Plumbing. We are a leading distributor of Carrier air conditioning systems – among the best in the business. Our trained heating and air conditioning technicians will help you pick and then install the unit that makes the most sense for you. You can also join our Home Care Club to ensure your unit is regularly maintained, as well as to receive expedited service, discounted service, and extended warranties.
We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, HVAC, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Types of Bathtubs
March 26, 2023
If you are building a new house, you have lot of decisions to make in every room, including the bathroom. And if you are just remodeling a bathro Read more…