If you are thinking about a new career, or know someone who is, you should consider becoming an HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) technician. There are numerous benefits. Here we list some.
Benefits of Becoming an HVAC Tech
- Great pay. In Illinois, the average salary for an HVAC tech is around $55,000 before overtime. But an experienced technician can make $100,000 or more.
- Great benefits, too. If you belong to a union, you can also receive excellent benefits such as health insurance, dental, vision and retirement benefits among other things, all at no cost to you. Your employer may also cover the cost of insuring you.
- Job security. The U.S. Department of Labor estimates that the demand for HVAC industry technicians will grow by 13% by 2028. New construction, renovation and basic upkeep of existing HVAC systems will combine to create that need…and job security.
- Low cost of entry. Aspiring HVAC technicians do not need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to be trained as an HVAC technician. It is even possible for you to find a position where you can train on the job and be paid while working on cooling and heating systems.
- Short training time. If you do elect to take an HVAC training course, it won’t take years. You can take an HVAC training program in a matter of months. However, it does take several years to become competent in the trade.
- Work anywhere. Don’t like Chicago’s winter? HVAC technicians are needed everywhere.
- Important work. The work HVAC technicians do provides the following benefits:
- It makes customers more comfortable, keeping them cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- It makes their HVAC systems run more efficiently. This saves money.
- Running more efficiently also reduces the carbon footprint, and thus, is good for the environment.
- It keeps the air in your home free and clear of allergens and other particles that can be harmful to your health.
- On the go. If you are not a “sit behind a desk” person, an HVAC career could be for you. You’re never sitting still.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric about Becoming an HVAC Tech
If you are interested in becoming an HVAC technician, Ravinia Plumbing is interested in talking with you. We offer interesting work, excellent compensation, and opportunities for advancement. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, heating and air conditioning, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Visit Ravinia Plumbing today to learn more, or check out our careers page to view our current openings.