Benefits of Becoming an Electrician
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: August 4, 2022
If you are thinking about a new career, one avenue you might consider is becoming an electrician. There are numerous benefits to this career path. Here are a few:
- Great compensation. An electrician in Illinois can expect to make an average salary of about $60,000 a year, not including overtime. Some electricians can even make $100,000 per year. Plus, electricians can be eligible for benefits including health insurance, paid time off and retirement benefits.
- Make money while you train. You will need to be an apprentice before you can become a journeyman electrician. But you can be paid while you are doing that.
- Be your own boss. Once you have established yourself as an electrician, you have the option of becoming a self-employed electrician, or even starting your own business. Either way, you will have the opportunity to only work on those projects you want to and can have flexible hours.
- Low-cost entry. No six-figure college education requirements or hefty student debt. The training required to become an electrician is much less than that.
- Specialize or be a generalist. If you like, you can specialize in specific types of activities such as construction, industrial or residential.
- Job security. There is always a demand for qualified electricians, and the demand is expected to grow about 10% over the next decade with new construction, home renovations and simple maintenance of existing systems.
- You will not be bored. This is not a simple job of connecting wires or installing fixtures. With the growing use of smart technology and the growing demand for Electric Vehicle charging stations, among other things, you will be handling numerous types of projects that will require you to use trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills to come up with the right solution.
- Physical activity. If you do not want an office job, this may be the career for you. You will be out and about, moving around, squatting, lifting, climbing up ladders, etc. It’s an on-the-job workout.
- Important work. You are providing a valuable service, making sure the electrical systems in homes, businesses and communities are running properly. This ensures the health and safety of those relying on the systems, in addition to making sure their electrical needs are met.
- Respect. Given the importance of the work you do, and the skill required to do it, you will receive a great deal of respect. People sometimes think they can DIY plumbing and HVAC, but they don’t want to mess around with electrical.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric about Becoming a Licensed Electrician
If you are interested in becoming a licensed electrician, Ravinia Plumbing is interested in talking with you. We offer interesting work, excellent compensation, and opportunities for advancement. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer, heating and air conditioning, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Visit Ravinia Plumbing today to learn more or check out our careers page to view our current openings.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
The Benefits of Changing Your Furnace Filter
March 7, 2023
All HVAC systems have air filters, which need to be replaced regularly. Unfortunately, far too many homeowners often neglect this simple DIY task Read more…