How Long Things Last
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: April 25, 2018
When you purchase items for your home you hope they last a long time. But you are never sure how long. The following table shows the expected life of numerous items. A few things to consider:
- Expected lives will vary. Check with your salesperson and also review warranty information.
- Inexpensive items or items that are not sized or installed properly will have a shorter than average life.
- You need to take care of the items. Regular maintenance and usage will extend the life; not maintaining and inappropriate use with shorten it.
- Keep good records of when you purchased items, so you don’t have to guess how old they are.
- As they approach the end of their useful life, consider replacing them before they break down or require expensive and inconvenient repairs
Room air conditioners
Dehumidifiers and humidifiers
Electric radiant heaters
Dryers (electric and gas)
Water heaters (electric)
Water heaters (gas)
Water heaters (tankless)
Faucets and Fixtures
Kitchen sinks (acrylic)
Family Owned Since 1928
How to Ensure Your Sewer Lines Stay Clean and Clear
July 9, 2019
The old adage - "it's easier to keep up than catch up" - certainly applies to sewer line maintenance. Particularly when catching up involves enli Read more…