We’re following up on one of our suggested New Year’s resolutions of having a whole house plumbing inspection. We are going a little deeper on the benefits, and what you can expect from a whole house plumbing inspection.
Benefits of a Whole House Plumbing Inspection
They are numerous. Here are a few.
- Fix small problems before they become big ones. This is perhaps the most important one. Small problems are easy and inexpensive to fix, and usually can be fixed before they cause extensive damage. Big problems, however, can be costly and inconvenient. For example, a clogged drain can be unclogged before there is a major sewage backup. That’s a small problem. But if it turns into a major sewage backup, that’s major.
- Reduce the risk of emergencies. Fixing those small problems also minimizes the risk of emergencies, such as flooded basements, shut off valve failures and burst pipes.
- Save money. Eliminating big problems saves money from paying the professional plumber to fix the emergency and possibly having to replace something, as well as the cost of any damage incurred.
- Extend the life of your plumbing faucets, fixtures, toilets, pipes, sewer lines, etc. Fixing those small problems can also extend the life of the components of plumbing systems.
- Improved health and indoor air quality. The inspection can spot leaks and other issues that can generate the growth of mold spores and foul orders.
- Peace of mind. You have enough to worry about. Knowing your plumbing system is in good shape means one less thing to concern you.
What Goes into a Whole Home Plumbing Inspection?
Here is what you can expect from a whole house professional plumbing inspection:
- Examining fixtures, supply lines, and drains for water flow problems
- Inspecting bathroom sinks, showers, and toilets
- Inspecting your water heater
- Checking water pressure and pipe connections
- Testing the main water shutoff valve
- Applying drain maintainer to all drains
- Inspecting washing machine hoses for leaks, splits, and loose connections
- Visual inspection of sump pumps and battery back-ups
- Inspecting whole-house water filtration systems
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for Whole House Plumbing Inspections
Contact the professional plumbers at Ravinia Plumbing today for cost savings, health improvements, and peace of mind from a comprehensive plumbing inspection. We’ve been in business since 1928 (that’s 95 years!), and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer and drain, heating and cooling, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment with a licensed plumber to keep your plumbing in tip-top shape. We also offer 24/7/365 emergency service in case plumbing or other issues occur that need immediate attention.