A dripping toilet or faucet is only a minor annoyance until you see your water bill. A backup sump pump doesn’t even warrant a thought until the power goes out in a rainstorm and your basement floods. You take your water heater for granted until you walk into the shower and are greeted by a torrent of ice-cold water. This list goes on and on. These problems and more can be avoided simply by having an annual home plumbing inspection.
Benefits of a Home Plumbing Inspection
- Taking care of small problems like leaking faucets or running toilets can have a major impact on your water bills.
- Small problems can be inexpensive to repair; once they become bigger problems, they can become much more expensive.
- Those big problems – such as flooding – not only cost more money to fix but can cause extensive and expensive damage to your home and possessions.
- If the water in your house is not clean, it can lead to all sorts of health problems.
Peace of mind
- An inspection of your home’s plumbing system leaves you with one less thing to worry about.
What to Expect from a Whole-House Plumbing Inspection
Your whole-house plumbing inspection should include the following:
- Examining fixtures, supply lines, and drains for water flow problems
- Inspecting bathroom sinks, showers, and toilets
- Inspecting your water heater
- Checking water pressure and pipe connections
- Testing emergency shut-off valves
- Applying drain maintainer to all drains
- Inspecting washing machine hoses for leaks, splits, and loose connections
- Checking sump pumps and battery back-ups
- Inspecting whole-house water filtration systems
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for a Whole-House Plumbing Inspection
For the cost savings, health improvements, and peace of mind from a whole-house plumbing inspection, contact the professional plumbers at Ravinia Plumbing today. We’ve been in business since 1928, and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment to keep your plumbing in tip-top shape. We also offer 24/7/365 emergency service in case plumbing issues occur that need immediate attention.