Why Hire a Professional Plumber?
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: February 26, 2023
So maybe you can execute simple plumbing projects like replacing a toilet handle or unclogging a drain. But when it comes to major plumbing jobs, you’re probably better off hiring a professional for plumbing services including plumbing repairs and installations. Here are a few reasons, in no particular order:
Why Hire a Professional Plumber
- They know what they are doing. Professional plumbers must undergo rigorous training, including an apprenticeship, and in Illinois, they must also be licensed. That means they are able to solve a wide variety of plumbing system problems.
- They save money. If you make a mistake on a DIY project, it likely will end up costing you more in the long run if you do it wrong. Or if you realize you did it wrong, you’ll have to pay the professional to fix it.
- They prevent small problems from becoming big plumbing problems. They can detect and fix the “small stuff” which you might not even be aware of.
- They are there in emergencies. The best plumbers offer 24/7/365 emergency service, with some even having a live person answering the phone at all hours.
- Safety. Some plumbing projects are more complex, like excavating the sewer line, or soldering, which involves an open flame. For these potentially dangerous jobs, you need a professional.
- Avoid water damage. Tasks such as replacing water shutoff valves and repairing drain pipes – if done wrong – can lead to inconvenient and potentially very expensive water damage. It’s best to leave jobs like that to professionals.
- Adherence to codes. Many jobs must be done in compliance with codes, and every community’s code will be a little different. Licensed plumbers will know local codes, and make sure your project is in compliance.
- Permanent solutions. Professional plumbers will not perform stopgap tasks. Rather, they will execute long-term solutions to make sure a problem does not reappear.
- The right equipment and materials. Professional plumbers have the right tools to do the job. In some instances, these tools are quite expensive. They can also be complex, meaning a DIYer will likely not know how to use it properly.
- Extended warranties. Professional plumbers will frequently provide extended warranties on the products and services they provide. They may also offer a special customer program that will provide even more protection.
- It will be done right the first time. If you don’t have experience, it is very likely that you will make a mistake. This will cost you extra time and money. In fact, the damage you do can cost more than you would have paid the professional to begin with.
- Insurance. Licensed plumbers will carry insurance to cover any damage that may occur, as unlikely as that may be. They will also carry liability insurance to cover any injuries they incur on the job.
- After the fact service. A licensed plumber will be there if you have problems after the fact.
- Surety bond. For commercial and industrial work, licensed plumbers carry a surety bond which means they will pay you a predetermined amount of money in case the plumbing job is not done right.
- Peace of mind. You can have confidence knowing your job will be done right – by someone who knows what he or she is doing and has the proper tools and advanced equipment.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for Plumbing Jobs
Ravinia Plumbing’s licensed and insured plumbers have expertise in every type of plumbing project – big or small. We’ve been in business since 1928 (that’s 95 years!), and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment to keep your plumbing system in tip-top shape. We also offer 24/7/365 emergency service in case of a plumbing issue that needs immediate attention.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Types of Bathtubs
March 26, 2023
If you are building a new house, you have lot of decisions to make in every room, including the bathroom. And if you are just remodeling a bathro Read more…