You have an electrical project. It’s a bit more complex than changing a light bulb or replacing a socket. But the Internet has told you what you need to do, and you went out and bought the right tools and supplies. So why not save a few bucks and do it yourself? Here’s why.
Why You Need a Licensed Electrician
Some of the reasons to hire licensed electricians include:
- They know what they are doing. They are licensed, trained and experienced. Electrical contractors in Illinois must be licensed and undergo years of training as an apprentice before they become licensed. They have experience with all electrical repairs and system problems. They also have the right equipment for your home’s electrical system.
- They know how to stay safe. Electrical work is dangerous. Not just the risk of electrical shock, which in and of itself can be fatal, but also ancillary risks like falling off a ladder or operating machinery.
- They know codes. Electricians know the complex ins and out of building codes and will make sure your project complies with those rules.
- Permits. Many electrical jobs require a permit. Professional electricians not only know what permits are needed; they know the right processes to get them.
- It will be done right the first time. If you don’t have experience, it is very likely that you will make a mistake. This will cost you extra time and money. In fact, the damage you do can cost more than you would have paid the professional to begin with.
- Insurance. Electrical contractors carry liability insurance to cover any injuries they incur on the job or any damage done to your home.
- Surety bond. Electrical contractors carry a surety bond which means they will pay you a predetermined amount of money in case the job is not done right.
- Peace of mind. You can have confidence knowing your job will be done right – by someone who knows what he or she is doing.
Contact Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric for Electrical Jobs
Ravinia Plumbing’s licensed and insured electricians have expertise in every type of electrical project – big or small. We’ve been in business since 1928 (that’s 95 years!), and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable plumbing, sewer and drain, heating and air conditioning, and electrical companies in Chicagoland. Contact Ravinia Plumbing today to schedule an appointment for any electrical need. We also offer 24/7/365 emergency service in case electrical issues occur that need immediate attention.