Eliminating Static Electricity Shocks
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: November 21, 2017
Winter time means drier air, which means you will likely experience those annoying static electricity shocks. While one primary way to reduce or eliminate static shocks is by purchasing a whole house humidifier, there are other things you can do. Here are 10 quick tips.
- Moisturize your skin, especially if you have dry skin to begin with. Do that when getting out of the shower and getting dressed. Also apply lotion on your hands during the day.
- Wear 100% wool or cotton clothing instead of polyester, nylon or other synthetic materials.
- You can also rub dryer sheets on your clothes.
- Some pajamas and bed sheets can create static electricity when rubbed together. If you have that problem, try switching materials. Cotton does not generate as much static electricity as artificial fibers.
- Cover furniture and car seats to eliminate static when sliding out of a car or furniture.
- You can also rub upholstery and car seats with dryer sheets to reduce static buildup.
- Synthetic rubber soles on shoes can create static electricity when walking on a rug, exercising in a gym and even jumping on a trampoline. If you experience these problems, try changing shoes. Leather-soled shoes should work better.
- You can also treat your carpets by applying an anti-static chemical. You can purchase one or make your own by mixing a capful of fabric softener is a spray bottle of water.
- Purchase a carpet that is made with an anti-static component.
- Touch a nonconductor to ground yourself before touching a conductor. For example, touch a wooden door before putting your hand on the metal doorknob. You can also use a metal object like a key to touch the conductor before you touch it.
Learn more ways to save on the services you need.
Recommended By 95% Of Our Customers.*
For more information, go to Reviews and Ratings
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE 847-579-5565
Family Owned Since 1928
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric
575 Bond St,
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Types of Bathtubs
March 26, 2023
If you are building a new house, you have lot of decisions to make in every room, including the bathroom. And if you are just remodeling a bathro Read more…