Coronavirus Update from Ravinia Plumbing
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: March 25, 2020
We hope this communication finds you and your family well and safe.
As we all exercise caution regarding Coronavirus, we want to let you know we are taking the following steps in case you need us to come to your home.
- Most of our office staff is working from home to reduce the risk of staff members becoming ill so we can continue to serve our customer’s needs.
- We are not holding any group meetings with our staff. All important information is being sent via email.
- We are separating remaining office staff from field staff to reduce the risk of anyone getting sick.
- We are not allowing anyone in our building other than employees.
- All employees have been instructed to stay home if they feel sick and to seek medical treatment and receive an “all clear” from their doctor before returning to work.
- Our techs wear masks.
- All our employees wear masks.
- Our techs will not shake hands.
- Our techs will wear latex gloves
- Our techs have sanitizing wipes for their tablets which they will use when they are in your home
- Our techs use sanitizing solution on tools and equipment as necessary.
Also, we respectfully request that you not ask us to come to your home if anyone is sick. We do not want our employees to become infected and then enter another customer’s home.
We appreciate your understanding.
Now please read the information below about things you can do in your home to protect yourselves.
- Since people with allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems are at higher risk for contracting Coronavirus along with other viruses, it is important to maintain healthy air quality in your home to prevent respiratory infections that can compromise your immune system. A few hints:
a. No smoking
b. Bathe your pets
c. Change your air filters
d. Use bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans to ventilate air
e. Clean your bedding, drapes and other items
f. Vacuum carpeting and rugs at least once a week using a vacuum with a HEPA filter
g. Keep your hardwood and other hard surface floors clean
h. Keep humidity between 30% and 50%
- Consider an ultraviolet (UV) air purifier. UV air purifiers use short-wave ultraviolet light to reduce, disinfect and eliminate airborne pathogens and microorganisms. These systems can be sold standalone, or as systems installed into pre-existing HVAC systems. While these purifiers have been shown to be effective with other viral agents such as SARS and MERS, it must be noted that they have not been specifically tested on Covid-19. Click here to learn more about testing and click here for information about one air purifier we stock.
- Consider air cleaners with Capture & Kill technology. This technology adds another level of support in controlling the reduction and migration of airborne contaminants. Again, these have not been tested on Covid-19, but have been deemed effective with other airborne microbials.
Family Owned Since 1928
Benefits of Insulating Your Attic
August 4, 2022
Your attic can be a great place to “store stuff.” But it plays a much more important role than that. It also shields the rest of your house f Read more…