- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: April 23, 2019
The average household uses 300 gallons of water a day. Here are a few tips that will help you conserve water and lower your water bill.
- Save water. For example put a bucket under the faucet while you wait for the shower to heat up. And don’t pour water you use to boil pasta or eggs down the drain. Instead, use the water you save to water your plants.
- Turn off the bathroom sink faucet when brushing your teeth, washing your hands and face, and shaving. Turning the faucet off can save an average of 2.5 gallons a minute.
- In the same spirit, when you are hand washing dishes, fill the sink with water instead of letting it run the whole time you are washing.
- Fix leaky faucets, toilets, etc.
- Wash your car at a car wash and not at home. Car washes frequently recycle water.
- Control water flow from your faucets and fixtures:
a. Aerate your faucets.
b. Install low follow toilets and shower heads.
c. Install Water Sense rated dishwashers and washing machines.
- Only run the dishwasher and washing machine when they are full.
- If your water bill spikes, call a plumber to check for leaks.
- Install a rain barrel and use the rainwater to water your plants.
- When you do use a hose or sprinkler, do it in the morning. You’ll need less water, since cooler temperatures mean you lose less water to evaporation.
- Another way to save water while doing the lawn. Wash your dog outside so the excess water soaks into your lawn.
Family Owned Since 1928
Prolonging a Furnace Repair Can Lead to Many Other Unwanted Problems
December 30, 2020
We know the value of annual physicals. A doctor can detect a problem while it’s treatable before it morphs into a serious ailment. Our furnace Read more…