How To Clean A Whirlpool Tub
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: March 9, 2012
The following directions should remove the odor from and clean the piping of a whirlpool tub.
For a 1 person whirlpool tub:
- Fill the tub with hot water
- Add 2 teaspoons of granular Cascade (no substitutions)
- Add 4 to 6 oz bleach
- Run the whirlpool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the tub then fill with cold water and run for 5 minutes.
- If the odor persists, repeat.
For larger tubs, use up to 2 tablespoons of Cascade and 8 to 10 oz of bleach.
- Don’t use too much soap during normal use, it will ruin the pump.
- Don’t use anti-bacterial soap, especially the liquid variety, as it is a definite cause of whirlpool odors.
If you have any questions regarding cleaning the surface of a tub, contact the manufacturer directly. We can provide information on a variety of tub manufacturers if you do not have a phone number on hand. Contact Ravinia Plumbing & Heating Co. with any service needs at (847) 432-5561 or info@RaviniaPlumbing.com
Family Owned Since 1928
Signs that Scream Your Furnace is About to Go
October 8, 2018
While it’s true that sometimes furnaces can just stop working with little to no prior warning, in most cases, they will try to let you know the Read more…