Caring for Plastic Fixtures
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: May 23, 2017
There are many advantages to plastic materials. They are light in weight. They are strong and easy to produce. They are hard to break. For bathroom fixtures, it is important to note they are water resistant. Those are some of the reasons plastic is frequently used for everything from whirlpools, baths and showers to toilet seats.
Caring for these items is also relatively easy. Here are some tips:
Whirlpools, baths, sinks and showers
- Wipe it every time you use it
- Use a tub/tile/sink cleaner, a non-abrasive all purpose cleaner, or a paste of baking soda and water. Do not use abrasive cleaners that can scratch the surface, or aerosol products. Products to consider include:
- Fantastik Antibacterial Heavy Duty
- Lysol Bathroom Cleaner
- Tilex Soap Scum Remover
- Apply using a soft cloth, damp sponge or squeegee.
- For rust removal, use Super Iron Out Multi-Purpose Rust Stain Remover
- To restore dull or scratched surfaces, apply white automotive polishing compound with a clean cloth. Rub the scratches and dull areas. Wipe off the residue. Then apply a coat of white automotive paste wax. Do not wax areas where you walk or stand.
- Use a non-abrasive all purpose cleaner or a mixture of dishwashing liquid and water. Do not use abrasive cleaners that can scratch the surface, or aerosol products. Products to consider include:
- Comet Bathroom Cleaner
- Formula 409 Glass & Surface
- Windex Original
- Apply with a soft sponge or cloth. Thoroughly rinse and clean, and dry with a soft towel. For hinges and bumpers, dry with the soft towel or let them air dry.
- Also make sure abrasive chemicals and cosmetics do not come in contact with the toilet seat, as they can damage the finish.
- If you remove the toilet seat, use a large utility sink to assist in cleaning.
Family Owned Since 1928
1580 Old Skokie Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Avoiding Do it Yourself Plumbing Mistakes
February 14, 2018
We know there are a lot of you out there that fancy yourselves as expert do it yourselfers (DIYers). We know many of you are. And we know man Read more…