We need more HVAC technicians! According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, HVAC technician employment is expected to grow 15% by 2028 due to demand in residential and commercial installation, repair, and maintenance. That number may be even higher for Illinois.
Reasons to Become an HVAC Technician
In addition to the increased demand, there are numerous other reasons to pursue an HVAC career:
- Great compensation. A heating, ventilation, and air conditioning tech can make a very good living – up to $75,000 or even more based on experience and demand. Additionally, if you work for a union shop, you can receive benefits such as retirement, health insurance, paid vacation, etc. The employer should also cover any insurance requirements.
- In Illinois, you don’t need a license. Of course, employers will be looking for other requirements.
- Earn while you learn. You may be able to train on the job. During HVAC training, you will still get paid, although not as much as more experienced heating and air conditioning technicians.
- Low cost of entry. You won’t need to spend tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars for a college education. This low educational investment combined with the excellent potential compensation makes this a very attractive career alternative.
- Your work is needed. Businesses and homeowners are always building and will need HVAC equipment. And once installed, that equipment will need to be repaired and maintained.
- If you are not a “sit behind a desk” person, this is a great career. You’re always on the go.
Ravinia Plumbing, Sewer, Heating & Electric is Looking for HVAC Professionals
If you are looking for an outstanding career as an HVAC professional, Ravinia Plumbing wants to talk with you. We’ve been in business since 1928 (that’s 95 years!), and we’ve made a name for ourselves as one of the most trusted and reliable HVAC companies in Chicagoland. Contact us today to learn more about a career in the HVAC industry.