10 Reasons to Own a Humidifier
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: September 28, 2016
“It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity” is what people say when they complain about uncomfortable heat in the summer. But when the weather turns cold, an appropriate level of humidity in the home is a good thing because it can improve your health and your comfort. That is why it is important that you have a humidifier. Here are several reasons having a humidifier and keeping your home’s humidity between 25% and 50% makes sense.
- It can prevent illness because bacteria and viruses can’t travel as well in moist air.
- Even if you do get sick, it will keep your nasal passages and throat moist so you heal quicker.
- Keeping your nasal passages moist also reduces nose bleeds.
- It preserves your voice by helping lubricate the vocal cords.
- It will help you sleep better and prevent snoring.
- It can help moisturize your skin and prevent your lips from chapping.
- It can protect wood furniture, molding, doors and flooring from splitting and cracking.
- It saves energy and lowers energy costs because it will make your home feel warmer and allow you to keep your thermostat set lower.
- It controls static electricity, reducing those annoying electrical shocks.
- It keeps plants hydrated, especially those that come from humid, tropical climates.
Family Owned Since 1928
Five Common Clog-Causing Materials You May Be Putting Down the Kitchen Drain
June 23, 2020
With the onset of COVID-19 “shelter in place” orders, many of us have become much more acquainted with our kitchens, cooking meals and eatin Read more…