Cleaning Glass Shower Doors
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: September 26, 2017
Glass shower doors can add to the overall appearance of your bathroom. But unless they are cared for properly, hard water streaks and marks, as well as scratches, can detract from the look. So if you’re wondering how to keep glass shower doors clean here are some tips.
- Most importantly, squeegee after every shower to prevent soap build up and to remove water droplets that can cause streaks and hard water marks. Squeegee from the top to the bottom, and make sure you get those hard to reach places.
- Every once in a while you will want to clean the shower doors. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners that can scratch the glass. Also do not use any products containing bleach or ammonia. Products to consider include Cinch Streak Free Multi-Surface Cleaner, Mr. Clean Antibacterial Multi-Surface Spray, and Formula 409 Glass & Surface. You can also make your own glass cleaner by mixing one cup of vinegar and a tablespoon of dish soap into a gallon of warm water. Then pour the solution into a spray bottle. Vinegar can help prevent or reduce mineral deposits from building up on the glass.
- Wipe the solution right away. Use a lint-free cloth, an old T-shirt or flannel nightgown for the cleaning cloth. You can even use newspaper. DO NOT use bristle brushes or abrasive sponges that can scratch the surface.
- You will also want to clean your shower door tracks. To do so:
a. Soak a paper towel with vinegar. Apply it to the tracks and let it sit for 30 minutes.
b. Remove the paper towels and run an old toothbrush across the tracks. Use a Q-Tip to clean tight spots like corners or around screws.
c. Use a spray bottle to rinse the vinegar off the track.
- You will also want to clean your shower door hardware. Simply use a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid and warm water, wipe with a soft, clean towel, and rinse.
Family Owned Since 1928
1580 Old Skokie Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Are You Worried about Heavy Rains Flooding Your Basement? A Sump Pump Is Your Answer
June 19, 2018
Spring & summer come in like a lion, and it brings plenty of rain with it. Many parts of the country have felt the sting of flooding in the l Read more…