Advantages of Using Technology to Control Systems
- Categories: Energy Savings
- Date: October 25, 2017
Control systems are systems that use “smart” technology to make life easier and safer. Smart home automation technology is available for everything from HVAC equipment to lighting and shades to smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to indoor and outdoor cameras. Here are some of the benefits of advanced home automation systems:
- Cost savings. By controlling things like your home’s temperature and lighting, these systems can dramatically reduce your energy bills. For example, lighting can account for as much as 25% of your home’s electrical cost.
- Convenience. These control systems help make your life a little simpler. For example, you can pre-program thermostats, lighting, shades and even garage doors from anywhere through an app on your table or smart phone.
- Comfort. You can adjust those smart thermostats to your desired temperature whether you are home or away. That allows you to keep the home at more extreme temperatures while you are away, and then adjust the temperature to a more comfortable level as you are returning home.
- Lighting flexibility. Smart lighting and shades let you turn on, off or dim lights and raise or lower shades while you are at home or away. These systems can also automatically turn on lights when you arrive home.
- Safety. Smart smoke and carbon monoxide detectors tell you when smoke or carbon monoxide is detected, and can turn on interior lights, flash exterior lights and open shades so you can evacuate your home. These detectors can also send an alert to your home if you are not home. Smart indoor and outdoor cameras detect motion and noise, and can send you an alert when something suspicious is detected.
Family Owned Since 1928
How Old is Your Electric Panel? Three Reasons to Care
August 12, 2019
You probably don’t pay a lot of attention to your home’s electrical panel. But you should, because it does wear out. Some ways to Read more…