There are a number of ways to help conserve water: our most valuable resource…
- Turn off the faucet when you are brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Use the dishwasher rather than washing dishes by hand. The dishwasher will use about half the water for the same amount of dishes washed.
- Don’t run the dishwasher until it is full.
- Only run a full load through the washing machine.
- Replace a 20+ year old toilet with a new HET toilet. This step alone can save thousands of gallons of water per year.
- Repair running toilets and dripping faucets. Stop by our showroom and we will provide you with free toilet dye tablets to test for a running toilet.
- Install a domestic hot water circulation system to reduce the amount of water wasted while waiting for a faucet or shower to get hot.
- Adjust your lawn irrigation system to run before 8:00 am or after 7:00pm to reduce water loss due to evaporation.
- Adjust lawn irrigation heads so they are not watering the side of the house, the sidewalk, driveway, or street.
- Install a rain sensor onto the lawn irrigation system so it does not run after or during a rain.
- When landscaping, use local plant varieties which are more suited to our climate and those that need less water.
- Visit www.Get2KnowH2O.org for more tips
Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Family Owned Since 1928
1580 Old Skokie Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
How Long Things Last
April 25, 2018
When you purchase items for your home you hope they last a long time. But you are never sure how long. The following table shows the expected lif Read more…