There are a number of ways to help conserve water: our most valuable resource…
- Turn off the faucet when you are brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Use the dishwasher rather than washing dishes by hand. The dishwasher will use about half the water for the same amount of dishes washed.
- Don’t run the dishwasher until it is full.
- Only run a full load through the washing machine.
- Replace a 20+ year old toilet with a new HET toilet. This step alone can save thousands of gallons of water per year.
- Repair running toilets and dripping faucets. Stop by our showroom and we will provide you with free toilet dye tablets to test for a running toilet.
- Install a domestic hot water circulation system to reduce the amount of water wasted while waiting for a faucet or shower to get hot.
- Adjust your lawn irrigation system to run before 8:00 am or after 7:00pm to reduce water loss due to evaporation.
- Adjust lawn irrigation heads so they are not watering the side of the house, the sidewalk, driveway, or street.
- Install a rain sensor onto the lawn irrigation system so it does not run after or during a rain.
- When landscaping, use local plant varieties which are more suited to our climate and those that need less water.
- Visit www.Get2KnowH2O.org for more tips
Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Family Owned Since 1928
1580 Old Skokie Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Water Shutoff Valves
June 26, 2017
Do you know where your main water shutoff valve is?If not, you could be headed for trouble. Here’s why. Water damage from pipe leaks can ca Read more…