How To Clean A Whirlpool Tub
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: March 9, 2012
The following directions should remove the odor from and clean the piping of a whirlpool tub.
For a 1 person whirlpool tub:
- Fill the tub with hot water
- Add 2 teaspoons of granular Cascade (no substitutions)
- Add 4 to 6 oz bleach
- Run the whirlpool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the tub then fill with cold water and run for 5 minutes.
- If the odor persists, repeat.
For larger tubs, use up to 2 tablespoons of Cascade and 8 to 10 oz of bleach.
- Don’t use too much soap during normal use, it will ruin the pump.
- Don’t use anti-bacterial soap, especially the liquid variety, as it is a definite cause of whirlpool odors.
If you have any questions regarding cleaning the surface of a tub, contact the manufacturer directly. We can provide information on a variety of tub manufacturers if you do not have a phone number on hand. Contact Ravinia Plumbing & Heating Co. with any service needs at (847) 432-5561 or info@RaviniaPlumbing.com
Family Owned Since 1928
1580 Old Skokie Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Your Furnace Has a Filter – Why You Should Change It
January 16, 2018
All furnace units have filters, which need to be replaced on a regular basis. Below are a few reasons you should ensure this takes place as regul Read more…