Caring for Stone and Marble Countertops
- Categories: Ravinia Plumbing
- Date: July 24, 2017
Stone and marble countertops can greatly enhance the appearance of your kitchen. But as you know they are not cheap, so you will want to care for them. Here are a few thoughts:
- Use coasters under all glasses, especially those containing alcohol or citrus juices.
- China, ceramics, silver and other objects can scratch the surface. Prevent that by putting place mats under them.
- If you spill solid materials, do not use a handheld vacuum cleaner or dust buster, as they can scratch the surface.
- Blot spills immediately.
- Clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap. Do not use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acid. Do not use abrasive or scouring cleaners.
- Thoroughly rinse and dry the countertop with clean, clear water after washing.
- Use a poultice material for removing stains.
- If your countertop is presealed, you should test the seal after a few years. Apply a few drops of water to the surface. If it beads, your countertop is OK. If water soaks into the countertop, consider resealing it.
Family Owned Since 1928
1580 Old Skokie Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
P: (847) 579-5565
F: (847) 831-5694
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00-5:00, Sat. 8:00-1:30
View Location on a Map
Your Furnace Has a Filter – Why You Should Change It
January 16, 2018
All furnace units have filters, which need to be replaced on a regular basis. Below are a few reasons you should ensure this takes place as regul Read more…